Position: Head of Carrier Sales
Region : Nairobi
Reporting to : Chief Wholesale and Cloud Officer
Band : 5.1
Business Unit : Telkom Digital
The job holder will be required to leverage on Telkom Kenya’s infrastructure capabilities to sell services to licensed operators nationally, regionally and internationally to meet the Company’s sales objectives. He /She will be responsible for negotiating carrier rates, building customer relationships, onboarding new carriers and carriers compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, coach and direct the Sales team in execution and implementation of Telkom Carrier sales strategy and ensure compliance with Telkom’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Build, develop and grow existing carrier relationships and negotiate competitive carrier rates while maintaining Company revenue and margin goals.
- Develop and nurture relationships with new and existing customers to secure additional capacity to meet the demands of the sales team.
- Manage new carrier onboarding through communication and detailed data entry that includes available equipment and optimal points of contact.
- Manager all the aspects impacting the customer accounts and eliminate any barriers in achievement of sales targets to grow carrier business and customer base
- Provide key insight on market trends and pricing to the executive team.
- Support the execution of customer-focused RFQs.
Maintain a complete understanding of targeted capacity including POC’s.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, IT or Telecommunications.
- Master degree would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in carrier business development, carrier operations, carrier pricing and negotiations environment.
Minimum 5+ years of management experience, Relationship management and Extensive Telecoms Industry Knowledge.