About the Company
Cellulant is a leading Pan-African technology company whose payments gateway powers and organises Africa’s Marketplace by connecting buyers, sellers and other critical stakeholders with an underlying payments solution that enables them to make and receive payments. They provide a single digital payments platform that runs an ecosystem of consumers, retailers, merchants, banks, mobile network operators, Governments and International Development Partners. Today they serve about 120 banks such as Barclays, Standard Chartered, Ecobank, Standard Bank etc. across several markets; 40 mobile network operators including Safaricom, Econet and MTN, 600 local and international merchants including Opera, Transfertoo, Dstv, Dangote Rice, Kenya Airways.
Today, Cellulant’s payments platform spans 1 in 10 Africans, with 2.5 million doing monthly transactions. Cellulant’s coverage extends to 50% of banks in Africa and 17 million unbanked farmers in Africa. Cellulant debuted operations in Kenya and Nigeria in 2004 and has grown to operate across 11 African countries, including Zambia, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Mozambique, Malawi, Rwanda and a combined team of up to 400 people.
About the Role:
- The Technology team is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility of building highly available and scalable Cellulant’s rapidly expanding IT infrastructure.
- The role sits at the core of the organization’s platforms. It requires being an innovative engineer able to translate, business requirements into technical solutions.
- You possess vast experience working in an IT environment dealing with cloud technologies.
- You will need deep Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux, Windows, Network/IP based systems.
You will be responsible for deployment and operations of business user solutions.
- 4+ Years of experience in Enterprise Systems and/or Network Administration (UNIX/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, etc.)
- Experience deploying infrastructure on public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Rackspace)
- Experience building high availability infrastructure.
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines like python, php, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible.
- A solid understanding of Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS).
Experience with Virtualization platforms (KVM, Citrix, VMware or HyperV).
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline.
Experience managing container-based environments (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Desire to be part of advanced team
Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team-oriented environment
To apply for this job please visit www.shortlist.net.